The Chesapeake DCSE office isn't apart of DSS, it is a pilot office, where the service is out source to see if the State can Save money by out sourcing DCSE services to Private contractor. Click here to Go to their Website.

The Reply to my complaint

Good Morning Mr.XXXX,

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Ezzard Roberts, Supervisor of Enforcement for the Chesapeake District Office of Child Support. I am contacting you on behalf of my District Manager, Gerald Berry who is currently unavailable at the present time to address your concerns. I have reviewed your complaint as well as this case thoroughly in respect of your request.

Your first complaint clearly suggest that the Chesapeake DCSE office has "leaked" personal information to your ex-wife such as personal phone numbers, work history, and a certain legal matter in North Carolina. In regards to this complaint after my review I have found no evidence that DCSE in any way acted according to this manner. However, I have found that on more than several occasions that the Custodial Parent herself did contact our agency and provided this information for enforcement purposes. It is at all possible that the Custodial parent may "possibly" have other avenues of obtaining this information.

You have also indicated that the workers whether they be past or present has not complied with any request for payment information in a timely manner. My review concludes that your 1st letter of this nature was received 07/13/05 and the request was forwarded by restricted mail on the very same day. There was a 2nd letter similar to this request received by our office 03/11/06 which I would agree was not handled in such a timely manner, however that issue has been addressed with the case worker. However during that time several attempts were made by the case worker, in the form of arrearage statements with a request from the worker for you to contact her directly because at that point you were adamant about not relinquishing your telephone number to DCSE.

I do sympathize and apologize for your relationship with a past worker, Ms. Thiel who is no longer with DCSE. If you were treated with rudeness I do apologize to that effect however Ms. Theil is no longer an employee with DCSE so I do not feel as if it is appropriate to revisit the issue. It appears that you and Ms. Theil had numerous dialogue during this period and you personally addressed your concerns in regards to your client, worker relationship to her in writing and took action yourself by indicating that you would correspond with her only in writing, in which you did.

Overall the processing of this case was handled correctly and in accordance with DCSE policy. All of the appropriate actions were taken, this case was closed and reopened several times and numerous orders where passed, all which were processed properly at the time they were received. We have conferred with the worker and counseled with her in regards to all matters we felt were appropriate.

In closing I will provide you with my direct telephone number should you have any further issues or questions.

Ezzard C. Roberts

Enforcement Team Leader

Chesapeake District Child Support

814 Greenbrier Circle Suite U

Chesapeake, VA 23320

Posted in Labels: , , |

0 comments: